What is it?
The UTR is a new type of fixed-cost IT support agreement, which Dial a Nerd offers. A customer requiring support can contact our Johannesburg Helpdesk from anywhere in the world (via telephone or email) and get help solving problems or performing maintenance on just about any type of device.
What exactly is ‘unlimited’?
The amount of time we spend supporting a customer is unlimited and for a fixed fee no matter how much time was actually spent. This applies to telephonic and remote support only and there are certain exclusions, listed below. When you require physical assistance at your premises there will be additional charges.
How long will it take to respond?
We have a maximum response time of 4 business hours and in the case of emergencies are much faster
What is not included?
- Training sessions (planned, groups or anything that requires more than 10 minutes dedicated instruction in total);
- New hardware or non-Microsoft software installations;
- Repeat faults as a result of ignoring our recommendations;
- Faults with 3rd party software which we are not able or authorized to work with;
- General misuse of the System, Hardware or Software;
- Any projects which fall outside of normal maintenance and support, each such project will be quoted and approved separately;
- Support outside of normal business hours
How does Remote Support work?
A diagrammatical explanation is available here.
How much does it cost?
There is a once-off ZAR100 fee per device to be registered on our system. We have a sliding scale, which gets cheaper the more users there are in the business. Prices range from ZAR400/month all the way down to ZAR155/month excluding VAT! We have an additional charge for each server, physical or virtual, of ZAR1000/month.
Where is this available?
This is currently available to any business in the UTC +02:00 Harare, Pretoria time zone.
How many of my devices will you support?
Each user can have up to three (business-use only) devices registered under their name. We consider servers separately and charge a per-server fee.
How and when do I pay?
We accept Credit Card payments or a debit order for customers within South Africa. Your account will be debited on the 1st day of the month in advance.
Are there any requirements?
Yes. The following requirements must be met for you to subscribe to UTR Support:
- Fast enough (for remote support) Internet speeds. This can vary from customer to customer and we’ll only be able to tell with some testing. A 4mbs ADSL line should be fine for a 3 person business but wouldn’t work for a larger one
- Utilizing supported and non-end-of-life software. E.g. Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP are no longer supported by Microsoft and prone to viruses and attacks. In certain cases we may be able to upgrade the software before bringing you on board
- Reasonably up-to-date (no older than five years) hardware which is stable
Is it safe?
We monitor closely our experienced technical staff members and follow strict guidelines to protect your privacy and personal data. You can follow the session on your screen and actually watch what our technician does at all times. We use ScreenConnect, which is one of the most advanced and reliable remote support tools. At the end of the session, once your problem is resolved, the software is completely removed from your computer and you can resume work as normal.
When is the support available?
From 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding South African public holidays.